Monday, April 11, 2011

Boursin Mac and Cheese


I saw this recipe some time ago.  I've been wanting to make this since St. Patty's Day.  I've also been oddly intrigued by Boursin.


Making this was a peace of cake.  However, I think the next time I make this I'll add either more Boursin or more white cheddar due to the fact that I prefer my mac & cheeses more cheesy and/or creamy.  
It was still delicious.







Boursin Mac n Cheese recipe from Kitchen Of Friends
Recipe
serves 4


350g elbow macaroni
2 tbsp butter
2 tbsp flour
1 tbsp olive oil
sea salt and ground black pepper
2 cups milk
1 package (80g) Boursin cheese with garlic and herbs
3/4 cup mature white cheddar cheese, shredded
1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
1 cup soft breadcrumbs

- Preheat oven to 200C.

- Spread breadcrumbs on a baking tray and drizzle with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Bake for 5 mins, remove and set aside.

- Bechamel sauce. Melt butter in a saucepan, add flour and whisk it constantly over medium heat until it forms a paste. Gradually add milk and turn up the heat. Whisk constantly. When mixture boils, turn down the heat and simmer for 5 mins. Turn off heat and add Boursin, cheddar and parmesan.



- Cook pasta in boiling salted water according to packet instructions. Drain and mix with cheese mixture. Season and scoop pasta and cheese mixture into a baking dish or ramekins. Top with baked breadcrumbs.


- Bake for 5-10 mins until cheese is bubbly and breadcrumbs crispy. Serve with chopped chives if desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment