Thursday, April 14, 2011

Simple Cauliflower Soup




I must say, I've never been a huge fan of cauliflower.  Then again, I've never despised it.  To me it was just...a vegetable.  I had ended up using half for a saute and I had no clue what to do with the other half.  I decided to make a very simple cauliflower soup.  While making this I had recalled two of my guy friends proudly talking to me about how they made their cauliflower soup.  I don't think there's a set way to making it to begin with.


Considering I had winged this recipe there will be no exact measurements involved.

1/2 cauliflower
3/4 yellow onion
1 green onion
16 ounces (1 lb) veggie stock
a dash of milk (which can be replaced w/ half an half or heavy cream...OR you can have the choice to not use the milk at all)....

While I waited for the oil to get hot in the pot, I had diced the onion, cleaned and took apart the florets of the cauliflower.   Once the oil was hot I threw in the onions until they turned iridescent.  I poured in the veggie stock and the florets...While they were cooking I diced and chopped the green onion.  Once it had appeared that the florets were cooked through, I had poured everything into the blender...And eyed out how much more milk I would add to the mix.  I blended it to my taste...Then poured everything back onto the pot to reheat a bit.

Comfort in a bowl.

No comments:

Post a Comment