Sunday, December 19, 2010

Goat Leg Roast....Stew.


This wasn't meant to be a entry but it has.  Partially due to the fact that the previous project I had meant to post wasn't as successful as I'd like it to be.
Anyways, it's cold, snowy and the holidays are around, which means that it's time for some heart warming meaty comforting soups.
I've been meaning to clean out my chest freezer and I knew I had a goat leg in there.  So thought to myself "Why not?"  And looked up recipes about roasting it.  Needless to say I decided to do a rendition of both recipes.

The primary ingredient was rosemary...Or specifically, it was SUPPOSED to be Rosemary.  Evidently I had less than I thought.
So what I did is I had cut up the vegetables, onion, white potatoes, and celery.  I had run out of carrot so I said 'eff it' and went along w/ what I had.  I then mixed the vegetables with garlic powder (to your taste) as well as the majority of the Rosemary that I had....Followed by what I had left of the veal stock.

I then put all the vegetables aside and went to work on the leg of goat.

The last time I worked with goat it was dry...It was also rack of goat not leg.

This time around, I mixed balsamic vinegar, what was left of the rosemary, Italian seasoning, Garlic powder, onion powder, Italian style anchovy paste, and olive oil and mixed it all up in a bowl.  I then proceeded to bathe the goat leg in the sauce and wrapped it up in plastic wrap and let that marinate overnight.

The following day, I put a small rack above the vegetables to separate the meat from the vegetables and then used set the slow cooker for low for 10 hours.

When I opened the the top off the cooker once it was done, the meat practically fell off and it was so very flavorful.  I then had the boyfriend have it...He loved it, as his palate tends to lean towards assertive flavoring.

I am so pleased with this dish and I will definitely make it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment