Friday, April 29, 2011

Crab Salad




One more than one occasion I'm known to get into a seafood kick.  
Crab is no different, not to mention it goes wonderfully with avocado.  I had done everything to taste with this salad and I had only used this recipe as a guideline.  I made mention of what I did and what I had changed to the recipe.


I will no doubt be making this salad again.  I absolutely love it.  It is perfect for the upcoming warm weather!

Original recipe Here

Serve crab salad with a slice of avocado on salad greens.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
Ingredients:
·         2 cups cooked cooled crab meat, flaked
·         1 cup diced celery - I had used 3 stems of celery
·         1/4 cup chopped green or red bell pepper - 1 whole bell pepper
·         1 teaspoon salt, or to taste
·         1/4 teaspoon pepper - I had used pepper to my taste
·         1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice - also used lemon juice to my taste
·         3 tablespoons mayonnaise - I had used kewpie mayo
·         mixed salad greens
·         6 avocado wedges, optional
*As well as adding
- Some Dill to taste
-  One bunch green onion



Preparation:
Mix crab meat with diced celery, chopped bell pepper, salt, pepper, lemon juice, and mayonnaise. Serve over mixed greens with a slice of avocado, if desired.





No comments:

Post a Comment