Thursday, April 21, 2011

Embarking on.....


Pig's head.

I've been meaning to work on pig's head for months.  Needless to say I haven't had the time or energy to get to it until recently.  Instead my pig's head, had sat ever so patiently in my chest freezer.  I had seen recipes from foodtease, as well as contemplated Fergus Henderson's recipe.  

Admittedly I've been intimidated by pig's head, however, I still wanted to do it.  It's just one of those things that I just wanted to conquer....Along with many other things I have yet to get my hands on.

Recently, I had received David Chang's Momofuku, I went with that instead.  So I followed the directions as best I could.



Evidently, I didn't let the roll settle itself much...That or I had let it cool too much, as the roll fell apart.

So instead, I improvised.  I made these instead, with the meat sandwiched between the fat.


For the full recipe you can go here.

I had purchased the pig head via special order here.

I'm certain I did something wrong, but hey, I learned from it.  Only thing that I can do is try, and try again.

Oh and my fried mess?  It was good.

I just gotta figure out what else there is I can fry now.


No comments:

Post a Comment