Friday, October 8, 2010

The Lone Custard

Now I don't know about you but I do not enjoy having things going to waste.

I had to make some baked 'fried' mushrooms one day and that left me with 2 - 3 egg yolks.

Which left me with a bunch of egg yolks.

This isn't the first time I've made a custard either....But I also find it annoying to make something in a singular form.

So at 3:42 AM....I did the dishes, said eff it, and whipped up the lone custard.


I added sugar, egg yolk, whipped cream, vanilla and I added the rose water for an extra oomph.  After all, I'm certain that I'll be the only one eating it anyways.

The custard finished cooking at 4:30 AM...To which I automatically set it out to cool off at room temp and promptly went to bed.

This is the end result.  


How's it taste?  Let's just say the FIRST time I made them they were much better.  
The lonely custard had too much rose water in it...It'd probably be better w/ a liquor mixed in it.  

Until next time....


No comments:

Post a Comment